Exclude and disrespect no one.
Don’t let the name throw you: this event and its surrounding content is an inclusive environment, where all individuals are treated with respect regardless of gender identity, expression, or variance, sexual orientation, age, ability and cognition status, nationality, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or career path.
We value respectful behavior, which should extend to organizers in addition to the broader community.
- Be considerate, kind, constructive, and helpful.
- Avoid demeaning, discriminatory, harassing, or hateful speech and imagery.
- If you’re not sure if your words or behavior might offend others, ask someone. We’re here to help.
- Should you catch yourself behaving disrespectfully, or be confronted as such, own up to your words and actions, and apologize accordingly. Remember that even well-intentioned people make mistakes.
- If you see someone behaving inappropriately, respectfully discourage them from such behavior — addressing the issue and not the person. If you’re unable to respond or the issue remains unresolved, please immediately document and bring it to the attention of the organizers by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event organizers will flag offensive or harassing behavior and will ask the person responsible to apologize. We may block those who persist in such behavior from the event, and document and report instances of abuse to platforms or officials for further review, where appropriate.
Thank you for helping make this community more respectful and inclusive.
We’re grateful to IndieWebCamp for creating and sharing the Code of Conduct on which this one is based. Learn more about the positive effects of a Code of Conduct.